Best Mobile Testing Tools In 2019 For Android & IOS
Mobile application testing can be manual or automated. There are several mobile test automation tools used for it, not all but some of them are listed below according to popularity and usage.
1) TestComplete Mobile
- With TestComplete, you can create and run repeatable and robust UI tests across native or hybrid mobile apps.TestComplete comes with support for Android and iOS devices.
- Automate your UI tests on real mobile devices, virtual machines, or emulators. With TestComplete, there is no need to jailbreak your phone or tablet.
2) Ranorex Studio
Ranorex Studio is an all-in-one solution for mobile app testing. Used by over 4,000 companies worldwide, Ranorex Studio is easy for beginners with a codeless click-and-go interface and helpful wizards, but powerful for automation experts with a full IDE. Supports iOS and Android testing, including native mobile apps and mobile web apps.
- Reliable object identification, even for web elements with dynamic IDs.
- Shareable object repository and reusable code modules for efficient test creation and reduced maintenance.
- Test on real devices without jailbreaking
- Run cross-device tests in parallel or use Appium WebDriver for mobile web tests
- Customizable test report with video reporting of test execution – see what happened in a test run without having to re-run the test!
- Integrates with tools like Jira, Jenkins, TestRail, Git, Travis CI, and more.
Experitest: Accelerate mobile testing cycles and increase the quality of your releases with high-volume automated android testing
- Create & execute hundreds of automated tests in parallel on real Android devices in the cloud
- Easily create your first Appium test
- Run advanced mobile test automation directly from your IDE
- Automate any type of application, gesture, and scenario
- Integrate with your CI/CD tools and workflow
- Automated mobile testing under real-life conditions
- Integrate into any IDE, testing framework & CI for rapid application delivery
- Access visual test reports and advanced analytics
4) Test IO – Solving Your Mobile Testing Needs
- Test on real devices – Expand your coverage to hundreds of devices, platforms, and real people in real-world conditions. Make sure your software works on iOS, Android, and every OS version.
- Get feedback from real humans – Our professional testers have fresh and unbiased eyes on your product. Testers find bugs that your internal team might not catch.
- Release faster – Human-powered doesn’t mean slow. Remove the QA bottleneck with on-demand, flexible testing that scales up with your needs.
5) Kobiton (iOS And Android Device Cloud)
- Kobiton is a mobile device cloud platform that provides access to real devices for running manual and automated tests on native, web and hybrid Android/iOS apps
- Built on top of the Appium open-source framework
- Continuously adding the latest hardware and OS updates to the device lab
- Test across devices without script modifications
- Automatically generated activity logs, commands, screenshots, and metadata allow for faster identification of issues
- Prepaid minutes of testing time that never expire.
6) Robotium (Android)
- Robotium is an Open-Source library designed specifically for Android UI testing
- It is an Android test automation framework provides support for native and hybrid apps
- With the test scripts, it also allows writing function, system and user acceptance test scenarios
- System Requirements: Android SDK, Eclipse for building the Test project, ADT (Android Development Kit), JDK (Java Development Kit), Latest Robotium Jar file
7) Calabash (Android and iOS)
- Calabash is an automated acceptance testing framework maintained by Xamarin and Calabash consisting and can be compared with Selenium Web Driver
- It is used to perform Automated Functional Testing for mobile native apps
- It consists of two open-source libraries such as one for Android and another for iOS for testing native and hybrid apps
- It may provide the APIs for specialized for touch screening experiences
- It works well with Ruby, Java, .NET, Flex and many other programming languages
8) Appium (Android and iOS)
- Appium is an Open-Source tool for automation of native, mobile and web as well as hybrid apps on iOS and Android platform
- It is good for apps that are written in Android or iOS SDK
- Appium supports Safari on iOS and all other built-in browser apps on Android
- No need to modify any app code for testing as it is suitable to run on Android or iOS using the device or emulator
- This tool is used for Automated Functional Testing of Android and iOS mobile apps
9) TestComplete Mobile
- MonkeyTalk automates functional interactive tests for Android and iOS apps
- It is an open-source tool consist of three components such as IDE, Scripts, and agents
- IDE creates test scripts using record and playback, Agent is a test instrumentation library links with the app and Scripts include keywords, syntax, and Java execution engines
- Everything from little “Smoke Tests” to the tough data-driven test suits for native, hybrid and web-based apps
10) iOS UI Automation(iOS)
- iOS UI Automation is Apple’s open-source test automation framework specifically for iOS apps
- Helps to automate interface tests through test scripts
- It does not work well with other tools, methodology, and framework as it is a proprietary tool
- It helps to reduce procedural efforts and time needed for software product development
By John Doe
on 18 Nov 2019, 10:30AM